Glutathione is known as the “mother of antioxidants” and it is pretty clear why. Not only can it go to combat against cell damage and disease but it is abundant in every cell in the body. It is produced naturally in the liver but it can also be found in fruits, vegetables and meats. Glutathione works both inside and outside of the cell, which can allow it to repair tissue, neutralize free radicals, and help fight against disease. Studies have shown that glutathione can protect against disease as well as help treat certain conditions. It is believed to have protection against cancer, neurological disease and even cancer.
Some of Glutathione’s Many Benefits
- Boost your immune system
- Reduce cell damage to the liver
- Helps in recovery from sports or physical activity
- Reverses the work of free radicals in your body
- Brightens skin and can assist in anti-aging
- Assists your body in detox and flushing out toxins
- Improves insulin resistance
- Helps with symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Decrease dementia
- Protects against heart disease
- Prevents cancer cells
How do you get it?
- Through Foods
- broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and bok choy
- allium vegetables, such as garlic and onions
- lean protein, such as fish, and chicken
You can take it orally, however, the most effective way is through IV. When you take glutathione by mouth is gets absorbed by the stomach and you don’t get its full affects. Whereas, an IV is delivered directly into your blood stream and is able to start working right away.